Our patients who are desk jockeys often ask what the best positioning for their workstations are and how they should be set up. In this video, Dr. Behrend discusses desk ergonomics and best practices for a healthy spine while sitting.
- Chair height.
- Your feet should be flat on the floor.
- Your hip height should be slightly above your knees to reduce load on the lumbar spine.
- Desk or Keyboard height.
- Desk or a keyboard should be level with the elbows when sitting with good posture.
- Monitor Distance and Angle.
- The monitor should be approximately an arms length away.
- The monitor should be positioned about 10-15 degrees below eye level.
- A good starting point is that when you reach your arm out from a proper sitting position, you should be able to touch the top of the screen with your finger tips.